Mayfair Christian Reformed Church was organized in 1893 as Dennis Avenue CRC by members of Eastern Avenue CRC. It was the last Dutch-speaking Christian Reformed church plant in the city.
- Dennis Avenue, 1893-1955
- Mayfair, 1955-present
- Fulton near Diamond SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 (1893)
- 48 Dennis Avenue SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 (1893-1955)
- 1740 Lyon Street NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 (built 1955, addition 1996/7?)
- Edward Vander Vries, 1896-1903
- J. B. Hoekstra, 1903-09
- J. A. Kett, 1910-14
- H. Danhof, 1914-18
- P. Jonker Jr., 1919-22
- W. Kuipers, 1923-27
- J. L Heeres, 1927-32
- H. J. Rikkers, 1933-36
- J. Weidenaar, 1936-42
- Dr. Lubbertus Oostendorp, 1942-52
- Henry De Mots, 1954-69
- M. R. Doornbos, 1969-74
- Wilmer R. Witte, 1976-93
- Peter Verhulst, 1991-present
- Michigan Street Sunday School, 1932-37
- Sunshine Community , begun 1923, organized 1971
Green (lower) line shows membership in families; blue (middle), professing members; red (top), total members; and magenta (thin), non-professing members.
Red line shows nonprofessing members as a percentage of total membership.
Five Year Growth RateEdit
Red line shows five year growth rate. A five year growth rate between 10% and -10% is considered stable; greater than 10% indicates a growing congregation; one below -10% indicates a church in decline. This makes no allowance for daughter churches.
Data source: Yearbooks of the Christian Reformed Church. Dates are year prior to publication date since data is gathered at the end of one year and published in the next.