Hillcrest Community began in 1942 as the Way of Life Chapel under the sponsorship of Kelloggsville and First Hudsonville CRCs. It ministers in the Black Hills neighborhood. It has not yet organized as a congregation.
- Way of Life Chapel, 1942-46
- Hillcrest Chapel, 1946-49
- Hillcrest Community, 1949-present
- 315 Grant Street SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 (1942-46)
- 907 Dorchester Avenue SW, Grand Rapids, MI (1946-49)
- 850 Norwich Avenue SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 (built 1949, addition 1971)
- P. Doot, evangelist, 1942-46
- Miner Tanis, evangelist, 1942-55
- R. Holwerda, evangelist, 1956-63
- H. Bergsma, evangelist, 1960-61
- H. Vander Bilt, evangelist, 1961-63
- R. Fisher, evangelist, 1963-64
- N. Baylor, evangelist, 1964-66
- G. Vander Lugt, evangelist, 1966-75
- Louis K. Toering, evangelist, 1976-96
- Mark Van Ess, 1996-
Green (lower) line shows membership in families; blue (middle), professing members; red (top), total members; and magenta (thin), non-professing members.
Red line shows nonprofessing members as a percentage of total membership.
Five Year Growth RateEdit
Red line shows five year growth rate. A five year growth rate between 10% and -10% is considered stable; greater than 10% indicates a growing congregation; one below -10% indicates a church in decline. This makes no allowance for daughter churches.
Data source: Yearbooks of the Christian Reformed Church. Dates are year prior to publication date since data is gathered at the end of one year and published in the next.