Coit Community was begun in 1967 as Livingston Chapel. It is not yet an organized congregation.
- 607 Livingston Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, 1967-77
- 600 Lafayette Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 (built 1895 as Epworth Methodist Episcopal Church)
- Marvin Vander Vliet, 1967
- Peter J. Kooreman, evangelist, 1977-85
- L. V. Haas, evangelist, 1986-87
- P. Kooreman, evangelist, 1988-90
- Henry Perez, evangelist, 1991-94
- Jerome Burton, evangelist, 1994-
Green (lower) line shows membership in families; blue (middle), professing members; red (top), total members; and magenta (thin), non-professing members.
Red line shows nonprofessing members as a percentage of total membership.
Five Year Growth RateEdit
Red line shows five year growth rate. A five year growth rate between 10% and -10% is considered stable; greater than 10% indicates a growing congregation; one below -10% indicates a church in decline. This makes no allowance for daughter churches. Extreme growth rate volatility seem very common in small churches, especially unorganized ones.
Data source: Yearbooks of the Christian Reformed Church. Dates are year prior to publication date since data is gathered at the end of one year and published in the next.