Burton Heights Christian Reformed Church was organized in 1905 by members of LaGrave Ave. CRC. It was the third English-language Christian Reformed congregation in Grand Rapids. In 1922, the Burton Heights church moved directly across the street from Garfield Park Reformed. The church closed its doors in 2006, turning its property over to a Korean congregation.
- 2106 Horton Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507, 1905-22, first building torn down so a larger one could be built
- 1970 Jefferson Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507, built 1922
- William Bode, 1906-10
- K. Popen, 1911-13
- H. Beets, 1915-20
- Henry J. Mulder, 1921-29
- E. J. Masselink, 1929-40
- G. Stob, 1940-43
- H. J. Evenhouse, 1944-51
- Leonard Greenway, 1952-57
- Arnold Brink, 1958-78
- Roger S. Greenway, 1978-82
- Douglas M. MacLeod, 1985-93
- Robert D. Bolt, 1996-
- Griggs Street, 1944-75 (now Harvest Orthodox Presbyterian Church)
- Burton Heights Mission, 1945-50
- Seymour, 1939
- Faith, Hope, Love, 1987-95
Green (lower) line shows membership in families; blue (middle), professing members; red (top), total members; and magenta (thin), non-professing members.
Red line shows nonprofessing members as a percentage of total membership.
Five Year Growth RateEdit
Red line shows five year growth rate. A five year growth rate between 10% and -10% is considered stable; greater than 10% indicates a growing congregation; one below -10% indicates a church in decline. This makes no allowance for daughter churches.
Data source: Yearbooks of the Christian Reformed Church. Dates are year prior to publication date since data is gathered at the end of one year and published in the next.